ISP disc

stuwat 09:27 08 Jun 07

Hi

Setting up a wireless network (I currently have 1 pc connected via a standard modem).
For the 2 pc's I am adding to the wireless network -
do I have to run the disc my ISP provided on them as well ?
do they need to be online when running the disc ?
can I install my new wireless router first ?

Thanks for any help.

Ashrich 20:54 08 Jun 07

Just set up the router on your chosen PC , via Ethernet , then , when the wireless router is up and running , and connected to the internet you can go about adding the two other PC's . With each of the others , just scan for your wireless router , when found , highlight it and click on " connect " , no need to use your ISP disc , if you opt to use it you'll only need it for the first PC . If you want to have all the PC's talking to each other you will need to run the Network Wizard on each , giving them all original names and making sure that they are all in the same workgroup ( Microsoft defaults to MSHOME ) .

Ashley

stuwat 08:00 11 Jun 07

Thanks Ashley. I have wireless up and running now, tonight I will try to network them.
Thanks again.

Strawballs 13:52 11 Jun 07

Have you setup security?

stuwat 14:04 11 Jun 07

Good Afternoon.
Not yet as I ran out of time yesterday.
Any tips / a guide will be gratefully received as it will save me a lot of time.
:-)
Cheers.

stuwat 14:53 11 Jun 07

Just to let you know where I got to so you know where I am up to
enabled WEP on router with key 1 entered (64 bit)

set WEP on the other 2 wireless pcs entering same key 1 (only done 1 so far, other tonight)

my next plan is to configure the access control list with the mac address of each of the 3 pc's.

That's all I have planned for, do you think it's enough ?

Currently have Macafee running too.

Any other tips would be top.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Intel Coffee Lake 8th-gen Core processors release date rumours

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Framestore’s haunting post-WWII title sequence for new BBC series SS-GB

Best iPhone games 2017 | Best iPad games 2017: 162 fantastic iOS games that you need to play right…