ISP Cutoff

Cobber 17:55 23 Sep 04

Using XP Prof (SP2) to try and update my Nero suite - no broadband.
TescoNet continually cut me off after an hour or so, meaning I have to try and start again, even though they must be aware I am downloading. Are there any utilities that will allow me to resume where I left off?
Thanx

spuds 18:13 23 Sep 04

You may find that your ISP as a time limit or no activity cut-off. Best to check your terms and conditions, especially if it is PAYG. If they have this, then you may well find any long downloads will not succeed, unless they have a resume in the downloading. There are programmes available, but I have never known anyone who as used one. Your could try click here who seem to have a good range of freeware/shareware programmes available. Even PCA may have a programme in the download section.

spuds 18:16 23 Sep 04

Link seems faulty, try click here

Green 1 01:38 24 Sep 04

You could get a copy of GET RIGHT it lets you carry on the download where you were cut off and no loss of data, I use it for long d/loads and find it v/good, a small fee is charged for it but well worth it imho. Hope this helps. click here

Green 1 01:38 24 Sep 04

You could get a copy of GET RIGHT it lets you carry on the download where you were cut off and no loss of data, I use it for long d/loads and find it v/good, a small fee is charged for it but well worth it imho. Hope this helps. click here

hugh-265156 02:47 24 Sep 04

as above most download managers will let you resume a download from where you left off if the connection is dropped. when i had dial up i used star downloader click here (free and no adware)

ps. this months PCA mag has sp2 on cdrom.

hugh-265156 02:49 24 Sep 04

very sorry, it would help if i could read lol. try using star downloader to download your nero updates. when you get cut off it will pick up from where you left off.

sorry again.

Cobber 16:50 24 Sep 04

Thanks for your responses.
I tried again late at night and managed to download via US of A when the yanks were asleep and TescoNet was presumably not under pressure.
When I downloaded SP2 Beta a couple of months ago MS had a system that allowed you to resume when cut off but this seems not to be evident in the non-beta SP2.
Thanks Huggy71 will try recommended site.
Again many thanks to all.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

AMD Ryzen release date, specifications and features: Three CPUs from the Ryzen 7 range now…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

Best iPhone games 2017 | Best iPad games 2017: 162 fantastic iOS games that you need to play right…