I.S.P closure!

AudioVic' 11:07 23 Feb 03

I have just returned from trying to connect a Pc to the internet. This lady, (A nurse on call) had been with the ISP for a number of years. She changed her modem, thinking it had a fault, which by coincidence it did have a fault but still capable of connections.
She has wasted time, money for my advice and the purchase of a modem. But worse, she has not received important emails and faxes relating to her work as a nurse.

There should be legislation requiring ISPs to give customers/clients a period of notice in writing by land mail, of their intention of closure/liquidation, etc.

Swinternet is to my knowledge, the latest and is the ISP that has caused this nurse "avoidable" problems.

Thank God for "GOOGLE" search! Through google I searched for "Swinternet isp". It is here that I discovered the report of closure.

WHAT DO YOU THINK??

Forum Editor 11:36 23 Feb 03

which is where it belongs - so I'll lock this one. Best not to post the same thread in both forum areas - it's confusing.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…