isp change-how do I know?

oldbeefer2 21:00 10 Jan 07

Daft question, but daughter changing from TalkTalk(arghhhh) to Vispa tomorrow - she asked 'how will I know when the change has taken place' - stupid blonde moment, I thought, then thought, I don't know! So how does she know?

STREETWORK 21:05 10 Jan 07

They would normally send you an email...or you could use the phone and ask...just a thought

Dipso 21:20 10 Jan 07

There's no obvious way to tell. Migrations can be actioned in the early hours of the morning depending on how busy BT are. In my case I was fed up of waiting by early afternoon and just put the new username and password into my router and found I was connected, the old ISP connection wasn't terminated as I thought it would be.

oldbeefer2 22:15 10 Jan 07

Ah, Dipso - welcome back. I'll get her to try tomorrow evening!

Dipso 14:43 11 Jan 07

How is your new up to 8 Meg connection performing? I read a little while ago that you were experiencing frequent disconnections.

oldbeefer2 15:14 11 Jan 07

Yes I was. Seems to have settled down again now, so no idea why that happened. Lasted for about a week with no connection at times although the router lights were still showing connected. Speed quite variable, but at a quiet time of day I get around 4-5meg down and 450k up. As I'm a good 4km from the exchange, I think that's probably the best I can expect. Richard

Dipso 16:27 11 Jan 07

4-5Meg isn't bad at all. Let's hope your daughter is as pleased with Vispa. TTFN.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation technologies coming to Siggraph 2017

iPad Pro 12.9 vs Surface Pro 5