isp change-how do I know?

oldbeefer2 21:00 10 Jan 07

Daft question, but daughter changing from TalkTalk(arghhhh) to Vispa tomorrow - she asked 'how will I know when the change has taken place' - stupid blonde moment, I thought, then thought, I don't know! So how does she know?

STREETWORK 21:05 10 Jan 07

They would normally send you an email...or you could use the phone and ask...just a thought

Dipso 21:20 10 Jan 07

There's no obvious way to tell. Migrations can be actioned in the early hours of the morning depending on how busy BT are. In my case I was fed up of waiting by early afternoon and just put the new username and password into my router and found I was connected, the old ISP connection wasn't terminated as I thought it would be.

oldbeefer2 22:15 10 Jan 07

Ah, Dipso - welcome back. I'll get her to try tomorrow evening!

Dipso 14:43 11 Jan 07

How is your new up to 8 Meg connection performing? I read a little while ago that you were experiencing frequent disconnections.

oldbeefer2 15:14 11 Jan 07

Yes I was. Seems to have settled down again now, so no idea why that happened. Lasted for about a week with no connection at times although the router lights were still showing connected. Speed quite variable, but at a quiet time of day I get around 4-5meg down and 450k up. As I'm a good 4km from the exchange, I think that's probably the best I can expect. Richard

Dipso 16:27 11 Jan 07

4-5Meg isn't bad at all. Let's hope your daughter is as pleased with Vispa. TTFN.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Method Studios' title sequence for BBC series Taboo is truly unsettling

Best Pages for iOS tips | How to use Pages for iPad & iPhone: 7 simple tips to get more out of…