An Isp change

_plAsma 12:04 29 Aug 04

Hi, i am currently with BT for my broadband, recently they have gone and put a bandwith cap of 30gigs on which i am not happy about.

I have been with BT for about a year and a half. When i joined they supplied a 2WIRE router for me to use. This has a wireless AP function built in which i now use. As i have been with them for over a year am i allowed to keep this router?

I am thinking of getting a 1mbps service instead of 576kbps and NO bandwith cap! What ISP do you guys recommend?

i am thinkin about Pipex or perhaps blueyonder..point me in the right direction!!

+if i do end up with Pipex for example, would i be able to use my 2wire router with that connection if i set it up correctly or do you think it is stuck to BT connections only?

thanks _alot_ ;)
_plAsma

_plAsma 12:27 29 Aug 04

<^> BuMp <^>
^ ^
^ ^

_plAsma 12:46 29 Aug 04

buump

_plAsma 13:42 29 Aug 04

...bump...guess i should give up now

CurlyWhirly 14:59 29 Aug 04

Have you thought of AOL Platinum as this has NO limits but is £29.99 a month.
I will probably upgrade to this if I am able to get the 1 mb service (after 6th September) as I think broadband should not be restricted.
CW

_plAsma 15:03 29 Aug 04

well, as alot of people...i have a problem with AOL...especially how they take over your pc with all these programs....can you use the connection without the program?

or does anyone else have any other suggestions?

Thanks
_plAsma

TN 15:17 29 Aug 04

I have checked out a lot of Broadband suppliers as I will be able to received Broadband from 6th September - best I have found with no limitations is One Tel - Full Broadband with unlimited free phone calls anywhere in UK at any time or any day for a total of £29.99 per month!

BJN 15:18 29 Aug 04

Ok plAsma, I to was with BT and had been for 3 years a adsl customer. I move last week to Nildram with a free migration. My only downtime was a few hours on day of changeover.

Checkout this site which give alot of usful info on ISP's

click here

Get a MAC from BT and then if your new ISP supports the MAC transfere system you dont have to cancel your adsl line with BT then reorder from the new provider. Your given an agreed transfere day and as IPS is changed on your line the downtime is a few hours. Nildram did it all for free with only a 1 month contract.

Hope I've been of some help.

bjn

CurlyWhirly 15:19 29 Aug 04

There IS a way of connecting to AOL without their software as I had a reply back to one of my threads but finding it is the problem.
CW

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…