ISO.rar

hgrock 09:21 19 Jan 06

can anyone tell me what is an "iso.rar" file, i downloaded this file and it said also stuffit ziped, stuffit won't unzip it, nero 6 wont do anything with it other than copy it, neither would several third party iso programs, any thoughts on this folks
george

SG Atlantis® 09:31 19 Jan 06

where'd ya get it?

it looks like a compressed ISO. Did you right click the file and choose extract?

hgrock 09:36 19 Jan 06

SG Atlantis that action only gets a responce " this file is not recognised

SG Atlantis® 09:52 19 Jan 06

right click the file choose properties, what's it say?

Looks like it has to file extensions, meither of them valid.

Have you tried burning it as an ISO? Nero burning rom and choose burn image.

SG Atlantis® 09:53 19 Jan 06

....two file extensions, neither of them valid.

No breakfast yet, concentration out the window.

De Marcus™ 09:55 19 Jan 06

Iso files are often misrepresented as compressed files, an iso file is an image of a program or what have you. For an iso file to be of any use you'll need to burn it to a cd or dvd, to do this in nero, you need o click on edit (I think it's edit from memory but if the burn image option isn't there check the other drop down menus), burn image.

De Marcus™ 09:57 19 Jan 06

Sorry the option to burn an image is under recorder click here

Skyver 09:58 19 Jan 06

Winrar or 7zip will deal with a .rar file, support isn't built into Windows like .zip...click here , click here

Rigga 09:59 19 Jan 06

It's probably been compressed using WinRAR > click here <

Once you have WinRAR installed, uncompress the file, then it should write as an image to disk, as explained by the other posters.

HTH. R.

hgrock 09:59 19 Jan 06

De Marcus™ i have done all that i used nero to convert it to an .iso then tried burning it onto a cd all i got was the original iso.rar, i even tried programs i got from google. no breakfast yet either, and the dishwasher is leaking now. problems problems

Rigga 10:00 19 Jan 06

Ah well.. too slow :(

R.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…