Iso image to burn to disk

prince midas 10:48 25 Apr 07

I wish to download a big file & the instructions tell me I must as it is an Iso image to burn to disk & then install.

It is a zip file so can I just download it to my hard drive & then let win zip install it, or must I use a program such as Nero & then must I burn it to a disk. Please explain the procedure I must follow please as I am confused.

MAJ 10:56 25 Apr 07

Download the ZIP file containing the ISO image, unzip, and that will give you the ISO image, Then burn to disk using Nero or the like.

rodriguez 10:59 25 Apr 07

You just unzip the archive as normal and you'll end up with a big ISO file which needs to be burnt. If you have Nero or other burning software, usually the ISO file is associated with them so double click it and it should open ready to burn. Don't burn the ISO file to a data disc, it won't work that way. The actual file has to be opened with Nero or your other burning software.

moorie- 11:03 25 Apr 07

if you havent got nero; try imgburn(free)
click here

prince midas 11:04 25 Apr 07

Thanks guys but when you say do not burn to a data disk what exactly do you mean?

MAJ 11:14 25 Apr 07

In Nero (and other burning software) you get the option to burn Data Disks, Audio Disks, VCDs, etc. Don't choose to do that, either double-click the ISO file to open Nero and burn or Open Nero and go to File > Burn Image.

prince midas 11:20 25 Apr 07

Thanks guys I think I understand so I will commence Downloading.

ACOLYTE 12:20 25 Apr 07

Sometimes you dont need to unzip,depending on what app you use to burn it it may already read it as an ISO file both as zip.rar.

steviegee 13:47 25 Apr 07

You don't necessarily have to burn to disc. You may be able to mount it on a virtual drive using Daemon Tools or such program. This is the same as it being on a disc.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sniper Elite 4 review: Headshotting Nazis has never felt so good

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Best Design, Illustration, Animation and VFX Awards of 2017

WWDC 2017 dates: How to get WWDC 2017 tickets, when is WWDC 2017 and more details announced