ISO Image

skeletal 20:38 15 Oct 05

Hi all

I want to run a Memtest86 test on my new laptop; but it doesn't have a floppy drive. Thus I want to make a bootable CD instead. I have downloaded the ISO image from the memtest site and it just says use your CD writer software to create a CD from the ISO image. BUT how do you do this?? I've just remembered I tried to do something like this before, but when I copied the .iso file to the CD it didn't work, it is just a file that is an ISO image, not the image itself, if you see what I mean.

I cannot see anything anywhere to explain how to make an ISO image on a CD, all there is, is drag and drop etc. I have the Windows XP CD writer and Sonic digital media LE.

Any ideas??

Thanks

Skeletal

Diodorus Siculus 20:44 15 Oct 05

I don't use Sonci but there should be something along the lines of:

creat disk from image

or

burn image to disk

skeletal 20:56 15 Oct 05

Thanks Diodorus

I have found stuff similar to what you said, but it is buried in a section under creating bootable discs. I have tried to make the disc; it's done something but I'll now try to use it!!

I guess the proof of the pudding is about to be tested!

Thanks

Skeletal

woodchip 21:01 15 Oct 05

If you have NERO on your computer first. Just try double clicking the ISO, it should start NERO and tell you to put a disc in

SEASHANTY 21:12 15 Oct 05

Run Easy CD Creator and click on the FILE menu, LH side at top. Note if there is a "record CD from CD image" on drop down menu. You then need to select the iso file, open it, place a blank CDR in your drive and then select burn.

skeletal 21:30 15 Oct 05

Thanks for the info...I think I may have a copy of Nero...somewhere! Is CD Creator the Windows one? The Windows one just starts up when I put a CD in. This sounds daft, but I haven't used CD writer software properly for ages (appart from when I tried and failed to make the other ISO file CD on my main computer a few months ago. I now use USB pens all the time.)

But, to come back to my test of the pudding...it did not work! The computer failed to boot to memetest (yes I have sorted the boot order etc).

I don't know whether I made the CD properly, or memtest doesn't work...oh dear. Has anyone made a bootable CD for memtest? I have the floppy version which does work (but can't use because of the lack of floppy drive on the laptop).

Thanks again.

Skeletal

splork 21:50 15 Oct 05

why not give this a go;
click here
install, right click the .iso, select `Copy image to CD`

Strawballs 22:39 15 Oct 05

Easy cd creator is not the windowas one it is from adeptech (can't remember spelling) you say you have nero that will do in the file menu look for burn image from iso file.

Chegs ® 23:25 15 Oct 05

click here I use this,its dead easy to burn an ISO,couple of mouse clicks and your away+ its freeware(or at least offers a free version too)

skeletal 00:14 16 Oct 05

Thanks all for the info.

I tried splork's link and that software did the job. This time the laptop did boot from the new CD and memtest worked.

I don't have to search 100s of CDs to find Nero either!!

Thanks again.

Skeletal

SEASHANTY 15:50 17 Oct 05

Millions of PC's have Easy CD Creator installed. It was originally released by Adaptec. Later manufactured by ROXIO - latest version "Easy Media Creator 7.5. Roxio has now been aquired by Sonic.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…