ISO File

tony-guitar 19:17 19 Aug 10

Hi, Is there (free) software that can be downloaded to enable an ISO file to be opened? My daughter has downloaded an ISO file which requires it to be burned to disc, but Windows won't open it. I tried the same, and it works for me, but the file cannot be printed, and it needs the disc in the drive to work. I have MS Office, but she doesn't. 'Powerpoint' has been mentioned, hence the MS Office connection. We both run XP Home.Please help,. Many thanks

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 19:21 19 Aug 10

ISO files are actually images of complete CDs or DVDs compiled as one whole image file (*.iso)

Iso recorder for windows vista / 7 click here

Im a diddy 19:29 19 Aug 10

imgburn,to burn the image to disc rather than open it.
click here

DieSse 20:10 19 Aug 10

Alzip will open it - but it needs to be burnt to CD (or DVD) as it's really (as explained above) a compressed file specially constructed to be burnt to a CD.

It normally would contain a host of files and/or folders, such as an operating system for example.

CDBurnerXP will also burn it to disk for you, When you burn it to a disk, the disk will show all the files and/or folders, just like a normal CD.

tony-guitar 22:22 19 Aug 10

Thanks. DieSse, you were spot on. I omitted to say that we both burned to cd and i could open it(all the folders you mentioned) but my daughter couldn't. However it transpires, that her Fiance couldn't open the disc but she can! Same pc, different account. Oh well. Thanks again

Taurus 23:13 19 Aug 10

A small application called Magic Disc (click here) will allow you to mount an ISO file directly from your hard drive saving you the problem of burning a disc and the subsequent reinsertion of the disc when you want to run it. You can mount any number of disc images to the app and they are seen by the OS as seperate drives. Very good, very useful to.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro 5 News - release date, UK price, features, specs

Gear VR vs. Daydream: Which delivers the best VR experience?

Best Mac antivirus 2017