iso file

denis93 16:57 19 May 07

i was given a movie in the format of a vty-pcaw.iso file,how do i open it?

use vlc player or d/l from
click here

Diodorus Siculus 17:14 19 May 07

An ISO is a CD / DVD image that can be burned to CD / DVD; Nero will do it, for example as will most CD burner programs.

What CD / DVD writing program do you have?

sorry i thought if youve been given it was already on dvd disc

denis93 17:38 19 May 07

i have nero 7 premium

Diodorus Siculus 21:31 19 May 07

Within Nero choose "burn image to disk" and it will burn it to DVD / CD as necessary.

Mclearns Bald 01:26 20 May 07

This is interesting because I've had problems burning video files onto DVD - they can take up to 7 hours to decode and burn. Someone suggested that I convert the files to ISO format and they will take much less time to decode and burn. Is this true and what should I use to convert mpeg or other video formats into ISO?

denis93 06:08 05 Jun 07

as Mclearns Bald says is there a faster transcoder than nero,or can nero speed it up?

eedcam 09:43 05 Jun 07

I fyou burn to hard drive you convert to Iso but the transcoding takes as long .Yes Iso will burn faster but you cant skip the transcoding.Some software depending on which format you are using will burn without re encoding which saves time.
McBald 7 hours is not unusual depending on the file type if its dv-avi fine if some other? maybe not

rodriguez 12:26 05 Jun 07

Usually if you double click the .iso file, Nero will open up ready to burn it. All you do is put a blank disc in (CD if it's under 702 MB or a DVD if it's over) and press Burn in the wizard. It will then write the disc which should take a few mins depending on the speed of your writer.

If Nero doesn't open when you double click the .iso file, then start up Nero Burning ROM (not StartSmart) from the Start menu (it should be under Nero7 then in Data) and close the New Project window when it starts up. Then go Recorder in the top menu and then on Burn Image. It should then take you to the image burning wizard where you can select the .iso file to burn.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation technologies coming to Siggraph 2017

iPad Pro 12.9 vs Surface Pro 5