ISO File

david4637 15:40 17 Aug 04

Please explain what it is and how can you use it? Thanks David

Chegs ® 15:43 17 Aug 04
  Fruit Bat /\0/\ 15:44 17 Aug 04

ISO files are actually images of complete CDs compiles as one whole image, just like Ghost does for hard disks and partitions. ISO images can be loaded into several different CD recording software packages to create CDs.

zootmo 15:56 17 Aug 04

Here's some more ISO burning info go to click here note: any decent CD/DVD burning software will let you burn an ISO image just by point and click methods.

david4637 20:32 17 Aug 04

Thanks for your replies which basically tells one how to burn an ISO. Please could you tell me why would you want to burn an ISO file to a CD - for what purpose(s) would it be useful for ? Thanks David

Chegs ® 00:44 18 Aug 04

ISO files contain EVERYTHING in the one file,so that the end user only has to place the CD into their CD-ROM and click "Go" If you were to copy the folder from your hdd of an application(game/Office,etc)thats installed there to a CD,that CD couldn't be used to install the same app onto another hdd.ISO files contain the lot,Installer,App,autorun,etc.

david4637 14:52 18 Aug 04

Thanks for your replies, I think I have got the gist of it now. David

david4637 15:00 21 Aug 04

I am still confused by this - could you please give me a simple example that I could try myself, to produce an ISO file that would be of benefit to me. Thanks David

powerless 15:42 21 Aug 04

I bet no one on this forum actually creates an ISO - eh i could be wrong though ;-))

ISO's can be created by various applicaions for diferent reasons, bootable disks, backup.

I've used one application to create a slipstreamed SP2, it's called AUTOSTREAMER. click here

Two applications that spring to mind for other uses are winiso and ultraiso. You can bunch a group of files together and ISO them.click here click here

powerless 15:44 21 Aug 04

I'm missing a few keys as well :-)

david4637 21:47 23 Aug 04

I thought some one would say "I do not know what you would want to create an ISO File for".

Why would you want to make an ISO Back Up disc? If of use, please say how you would do it? Thanks David

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2017 is Green

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…