ISDN Surge Protection

Heckmotor 17:20 03 Nov 03

Living in a rural area frequently blacked out by power cuts, and wary of lightning strikes, I recently invested in a Belkin surge protector. Unfortunately, like thousands of country-dwellers who are unlikely to get proper broadband in their lifetime, we've got BT Home Highway ISDN. One pc is connected via a USB cable and one by a phone socket which is not like a standard item. Neither can be routed through the surge protector.

As I've been thinking of wirelessly networking our machines, shortly to be joined by a third laptop with a 802.11 a, b, and g card, can anyone tell me what I need to cost-effectively achieve a neat, fast wi-fi network solution and surge protection?

recap 17:32 03 Nov 03

You can purchase Belkin surge protectors with phone socket connection.

click here for your wireless needs.

Heckmotor 17:58 03 Nov 03

I know, recap. My Belkin device has one phone input and two out, so it also acts as a splitter, but my point is that the phone plugs from a Home Highway box are not the same type and, in addition, one of the two output leads is USB. I'm not aware of a surge protector that can handle either of these.

recap 18:01 03 Nov 03

Sorry Heckmotor, misinterpritation on my part.

john-232317 19:46 03 Nov 03

I thought surge protectors were for the electrikery only ?

graham√ 20:10 03 Nov 03

Here's one at random click here

john-232317 20:30 03 Nov 03

Wow those prices...i got a German made 6 way unit for 3 euros in Spain, 59.99 squid on the list.ouch.

Heckmotor 18:29 04 Nov 03

Many thanks, Graham, and well done for being the only respondent to grasp what I needed! Your supplier is out of stock, but I've just ordered Dabs' last one!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Apple Event as it happened | Apple October Event live blog: Apple unveils new MacBook Pro at…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Graeme Messer's exhibition aims to challenge fears and insecurities

New MacBook Pro release date, price and specs | New MacBook Pro 2016 announced: Now with Touch Bar…