isass.exe wont let my p/c boot help

acein1 15:28 28 Aug 07

help please for a friend,when he starts his p/c a small error type message 3 inches by 2 inches appears on the screen and he cant get any further,in other words if he closes it down or press ok, i dosent matter the p/c tryes to restart but up it comes again, so bottom line is he cannot get into windows.

isass.exe system error

any help appreciated windows xp ie6.
i have googled it and i looks like it may be a trojan/ worm,but how does he deal with it if he cant get into windows thanks

mfletch 15:39 28 Aug 07

If you have not successfully logged on after the problem first occurred, press the F8 key when the operating system selection page is displayed or before the computer starts Windows. Select the Last Known Good Configuration option,

If you still experience the problem, follow these steps to log on to the computer and to run Sc.exe.

1. Restart the computer.
2. Press the F8 key before the Windows logo page is displayed.
3. Press the F8 key to select Advanced Startup Options when the operating system selection page is displayed.
4. Use the arrow keys to select Safe Mode with Command Prompt, and then press ENTER

click here

mfletch

acein1 17:46 30 Aug 07

mfletch, thanks sorry for the delay in replying, no matter what he tries he cant get past this message.
cant get into" safe mode", tried going back to last known good configureation, and a few others,p/c just reboots to that same error messge again, ithink he is about to take it to "THE MAN",
i will post back on result if he tells him what it was cheers

birdface 20:16 30 Aug 07

Spelling isass.exe the way you have means that it is a Trojan.But how to deal with it if you cannot use your computer I don,t know. While trying safe mode did you keep tapping F8 as the computer starts,Just holding F8 down will not work.If you can get into safe mode and run your Spyware programs that may help.

acein1 22:29 30 Aug 07

buteman,it is spelt as i spelt it,and yes i googled it (on my p/c) and i read that i could be a trojan,also he has tried to get into safemode correctly, no joy ,also cannot get to "last known good configuation, like you say ???? what can you do ,

birdface 23:24 30 Aug 07

Yes sorry not a lot of help Googled it as well and nobody looks as though they have a fix for it,It looks as though your friend may have to reformat their computer,As I have read that doing a system repair probably will not work.I hope someone may come up with a better solution.Best of luck.I dont suppose pressing Control.Alt.+ Delete at the same time will bring up the Task manager will it.

Stuartli 00:17 31 Aug 07

This has been around for some considerable time.
See:

click here

click here

click here

click here

badhair1963 05:03 31 Aug 07

Try this click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sony Xperia XZ Premium review: Hands-on with the new 4K HDR phone with Motion Eye camera and Snapdr5…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best laptop for design and art 2017: we test Apple, Dell, HP, Lenovo and Microsoft's best models…

CarPlay tips & troubleshooting guide: CarPlay tips & troubleshooting guide: Get the most from…