Isass.exe - System error

paul74 17:41 03 Aug 04

When i boot up my PC it displays the message Isass.exe - system error and below it says, an ivalid parameter was passed to a service or function. When i press the ok button it reboots and ends up with the same message. I am running on XP Pro i would be gratefull if someone could shine some light on this problem.

Stuartli 17:49 03 Aug 04

You almost certainly have a virus/Trojan:

click here

A visit to click here and a search for
Isass.exe should bring up some info on how to remove it.

Also run S and D and Ad-aware6 if you have them - if not, get them and SpywareBlaster and update immediately and then regularly...:-))

Stuartli 17:51 03 Aug 04

Microsoft solution:

click here

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 18:52 03 Aug 04

Virus and spyware writers are getting more cunning. They are now disguising their viruses to look or sound like Windows system files.

Isass.exe
lsass.exe

The first starts with the letter capital i (I) and second starts with the letter lowercase l (L). The one starting with i (isass.exe) is a virus/Trojan but Windows users may easily mistake it for the very important security process, lsass.exe (starts with a lowercase L, as in lucky).

Bitdefender click here

paul74 19:29 03 Aug 04

It Is Lsass.exe not Isass.exe as i first thought. So does this make it have some sort of access violation as i cannot access windows. How can i replace any missing or corrupted files if i cannot access windows.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 19:40 03 Aug 04

type

sfc /scannow

in the run box windows will scan and replace missing /corrupt files put disk in drive as requested.

paul74 19:51 03 Aug 04

I cannot get access to the run box as i cannot get into windows. The computer does not get as far as the logon window. It just comes up with a warning message telling me that an invalid parameter was passed to a service or function. When I click OK or anything else the PC just reboots etc.

VoG II 19:52 03 Aug 04

Try a repair click here - you will need your XP CD.

VoG II 19:54 03 Aug 04

Or see if you can get into Safe Mode click here then try sfc /scannow

paul74 20:13 03 Aug 04

When I try to start up in Safe Mode i am still getting the message lsass.exe - System error: an invalid parameter was passed to a service or function and it won't let me get any further.

I now have the same problem. Did you find a solution? Thanks.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…