isass.exe

fazza8 20:00 01 Nov 05

I appear to have this virus. It seems to have disabled my windows firewall. What can I do?

Diodorus Siculus 20:02 01 Nov 05

click here
Stinger

fazza8 21:47 01 Nov 05

Stinger found nothing

Splork 21:48 01 Nov 05

What other antivirus are you running, how did you discover you were infected with it in the first place?

iscanut2 22:03 01 Nov 05

What virus do you actually have ? isass.exe is a windows file, not a virus.

Splork 22:06 01 Nov 05

Perhaps they mean lsass.exe?

Splork 22:08 01 Nov 05
  fazza8 22:11 01 Nov 05

I'm running AntiVir 6. I keep getting a strange command box and then dumped into a website called whiplashmusic.com. Sygate keeps blocking lsass.exe. My windows firewall won't work. I get a message "Windows Firewall cannot be displayed because the associated services are not running"

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 22:15 01 Nov 05

You should not be running two firewalls together

Sygate will switch off the windows firewall automatically.

Virus and spyware writers are getting more cunning. They are now disguising their viruses to look or sound like Windows system files.
Isass.exe lsass.exe The first starts with the letter capital i (I) and second starts with the letter lowercase l (L). The one starting with i (isass.exe) is a virus/Trojan but Windows users may easily mistake it for the very important security process, lsass.exe (starts with a lowercase L, as in lucky).

Bitdefender click here

Splork 22:16 01 Nov 05

LSASS as Nuts says, is a legitimate Windows file, ISASS on the other hand , is not. If you have Sygate (firewall?) you have no reason to be running the XP firewall anyway. Download this click here and take a very careful look at what is starting up when you boot your machine. You may also want to try this click here and post the resulting log here click here

iscanut2 11:34 02 Nov 05

Sorry to add to the confusion. I meant to say lsass not isass ! Thanks for clarifying.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…