irvan view istalation problems

uskfisherman 12:18 04 Jun 04

Hi ther. I am trying to instal Irvan View. Whem I get to the istal part I get the following message "Cant create destination directory. Olease check write permissions and system policies. Try to create folder manually and restart. I havent a clue what all this means . Can any one help please. Windows 98, a second hand PC prev on a network, works in every other respect. Have installed many other progs without problems.

Dorsai 21:19 05 Jun 04

try creating the folder manually then. the install prog should give some idea of where it is trying to install to, so go there and left clic, pick new, folder, and type in the name of the folder it cant make on it's own. also find the root folder that it's all getting installed into. left click and choose 'properties'. i am at home, not on my work LAN (Local Area Network), but find the root folder, left click, and under properties there is some sorta network setting tab. what does it say? I am sure that there is a setting that limites access. pick the one that sounds like it maked the folder avaliable to anyone, raher than 'read only' of such like.

GaT7 21:55 05 Jun 04

If dorsai's suggestions don't work try the free XnView click here. I personally find it a better alternative to IrfanView. G

Pesala 22:01 05 Jun 04

Already resolved: click here

uskfisherman 13:41 06 Jun 04

Greatful thanks for your help and suggestions.Sadly to say there was little wrong from my PC. For reasons I cannot explain, and something I did not notice for hours, the prog was trying to instal on Drive D (CDRom). When my 78 years tumbled this the prog installed without probs. Thanks for all your trouble.I will try xh view however.

Stuartli 14:19 06 Jun 04

Irfanview takes some beating...:-)

Don't forget the plug-ins.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

LG G6 review: Hands-on with LG’s bold, big-screen shot at perfection

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…