Irritating Dell advert How can it be stopped!!!!!!!!

compumac 09:42 25 May 13

How can I stop that irritating Dell advert audio from playing. If I am reading a book I do not wish to be interrupted by someone talking. I do realise that advertising is required to keep the forum going but that continual audio is very, very irritating. I do recollect that in the past that there were similar adverts interrupting the visual aspect of the forum. Please advise.

onthelimit1 09:51 25 May 13

Adblock. Choose the appropriate free one for your browser

Chronos the 2nd 09:55 25 May 13

Or use this. Privacy choice. The downside is that it moves PCA to the left of your screen, the only site which does this.

compumac 10:21 25 May 13

It is a pity that you have to resort to using another piece of software to remove a problem like this. It is yet another nail in the coffin for me in respect of this forum, - just look at the interval between postings compared to what they were in the past. Then it was like having a conversation face to face.

Very sad

spuds 11:09 25 May 13

I use Google Chrome with Adblock Plus (a free download), that seems to resolve most advertising problems on this website.

Peter 13:15 25 May 13

compumac,

Sometimes this advert is so bad, that on some web pages, it has TWO copies running at the time, slightly out of step, so that it is impossible to understand what is being said.

Defeats the object of the advert somewhat.

Peter.

Matt Egan 14:33 25 May 13

I've asked our ad operations team to stop the auto play and remove the ads from the forum. Unfortunately as it is a bank holiday I don't know quite when they'll get around to it. Apologies for the annoyance.

wee eddie 14:49 25 May 13

Matt: You've missed you metier, you should be on the Stage.

Give the man some Shares!

Matt Egan 14:57 25 May 13

Ha! Well, I do try. And everyone was so awfully nice.

wee eddie 16:23 25 May 13

PCA now takes longer to load than Windows!

compumac 18:10 25 May 13

Matt Reply much appreciated. It does show that staff are noting.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

LG G6 review: Hands-on with LG’s bold, big-screen shot at perfection

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…