IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL_TO BSOD Error. Help!

Major Disaster 23:02 19 Dec 06

Hello all,

*Be warned of a long post! Ill do my best to condense it.*

Lately have been having a few problems with my pc.
1. Internet is unreliable. - On IE7 and FF2 will get page can not be displayed for a few minutes (while bit torrent still downloads and computers on the network are fine).

2. Explorer.exe / Task Manager - When the internet is being annoying task manager also goes odd. It reverts to windows class theme, becomes very unresponsive (like Safe Mode) and in the user name coloumn there
is a bunch of boxes.

3. IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL_TO - BSOD error that seems to happen quite frequently (every couple of days) but in no pattern.

Possible Causes:
I dont know if anything is relevant but...

1. Installed a theme (now uninstalled) - May have screwed explorer.exe

2. Switching to Sky BB (2 Month Epic btw that is still on going), they say i need to supply a 3rd mac code (VERY long story) - Could this be my dody internet (on BT at the moment).

3. Websearches point to faulty RAM / Nvidia Chipsets. Ill run memtest, but my PC is Dell (no Nvidia chipset).

Possible Solutions:
1. Reinstall windows?

Any thing to fill out the solutions would be much appreciated!

Thanks

Merry Christmas

Ashrich 23:15 19 Dec 06

Dodgy memory was my first thought as I had seen the IRQL_NOT_LESS etc. before with a grotty PC133 stick I had in a previous PC.

Ashley

ForestChav 23:57 19 Dec 06

can you go to start and run, type msinfo32 and OK, then save the log as a text file, then open it, and copy and paste the entire contents of the log into a new post. Cheers.

roy 23:57 19 Dec 06

No help I'm afraid as I am getting very similar problems. I have also had 'page_fault_in_nonpaged_area' and 'memory_management'.
I have recently installed IE 7 and AVG 7.5 (free one). Have tried unsuccessfully to remove IE7 and have removed and re-installed AVG to no result. I do have Nvidea graphics chips but have had no luck trying to download the latest drivers. They always seem to be corrupted.
I also worry that it may be my motherboard packing up as quite a few of the condensers on it have leaked.
My pc seems to crash very soon after boot-up and then can be stable until AVG runs (daily schedule) when the scan often is not completed before crashing but not always.
I have also wondered if my psu is not now up to the job.
Cheers,

Roy

Major Disaster 11:20 20 Dec 06

Ill run memtest and a harddrive test tonight.

The log is too big to post. Any where i can upload it to?

JimButler 12:50 20 Dec 06

'Page fault in nonpaged area' message definitely means you have an issue with memory module(s).
This error seldom if ever relates to software issues.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 18:01 20 Dec 06

IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL
click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation technologies coming to Siggraph 2017

iPad Pro 12.9 vs Surface Pro 5