IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

newts 12:16 21 Nov 05

When I insert a CD or DVD into my NEC ND-3540A Reader/writer I get a blue screen with notice computer has been shut down to avoid damage and the above heading. Any thoughts anyone. I have XPhome running with no problems up to now?

VoG II 12:19 21 Nov 05
  Chegs ®™ 12:21 21 Nov 05

Stop error 0x0000000A (Stop 0x0A) indicates that there was an attempt in kernel mode to touch pageable memory at too high a process internal request level (IRQL). Typically, this error occurs when a driver uses an incorrect memory address. Other possible causes of this error are an incompatible device driver, a general hardware problem, and incompatible software.click here

newts 19:11 21 Nov 05

Sorry for delay but I was called away. Have had a look at referred sites which turn out to be the same and I do have )xetc come up. It seems it could be a driver so I will disable everyone in turn and see what happens. If I find which one I will post it here as it may help some one else idc. Thanks VoG & Chegs

newts 14:00 24 Nov 05

I have been struggling with problem for some days without success but today my microsoft optical mouse refused to light up/work and now I have replaced it everything seems back to normal.I had virtually tried everything with no result so perhaps it was just "a mouse in the works".

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac