IRQL Not Less Or Equal on Shutdown

Eargasm 12:29 29 Jan 11

Hi All
Toshiba laptop a200 running Windows 7 Pro ( 32bit) Laptop runs fine until i shutdown when it blue screens with IRQL_not_less_or_equal, there is no dump file created. The next time i restart i have to choose start windows normally and everything works fine until the next shutdown.
I have updated all the drivers, but the problem persists.
I have noticed if i start the computer in safe mode then shut it down it closes without problem anyone any suggestions ?
Thanks

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 13:08 29 Jan 11

Possible causes are faulty hardware, ie memory, motherboard, hard drive; software, including the Operating System itself, with missing or corrupted system files; malware, ie viruses, Trojans etc.

click here 6 Manual Steps to Clean Deadlock Virus from Your Computer can cause this problem

The simplest way of Windows 7 Memory test is by control panel and it can be done in these methods. Click the windows start option and open the control panel and select the system and maintenance icon in the control panel. After selecting system and maintenance icon pick the administrative tools and click the memory diagnostics tool option in the system administrative tool. The final stage of the process is to restart the system and you can find the errors occurring while rebooting your computer. While running the memory diagnostic test after reboot or you can reschedule it to next reboot. If your system shows any error while your computer boots it will scan and show at next booting of your system. We can also stop the process of memory test in between by pressing ESC button in the keyboard.

Also run check disk on the hard drive.

Eargasm 13:12 29 Jan 11

Thanks Fruit Bat /\0/ Her indoors is dragging me our shopping now, i will try all your suggestions and post back later.
Thanks really appreciate it.

Eargasm 17:37 29 Jan 11

I have tried all above suggestions but still no joy, I have ran SFC /SCANNOW from a elevated command prompt but nothing was found.
The laptop belongs to a mate of mine and he has used it like this for the last 4 months,it never "Blue Screens" during use only when he shutdowns.
I did notice his 80GB hard drive only had 2GB free, i have now increased this to 13GB free using Ccleaner, could the lack of space be the cause ?

Eargasm 10:54 30 Jan 11

OK it's sorted , there was a program running ( DVD @ccess ) uninstalled it and it now shuts down no problem.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Hands-on: Samsung Galaxy S8 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Samsung's beautifully designed Galaxy S8 makes for better VR experiences too

47 iPhone camera tips to help you take better photos