IRQL Error

Lazzer 00:36 13 Dec 04

hey all,
I recently bought another monitor for my pc and got hold of a pci card as so to have 2 monitors running together on the same system however after some minor problems with finding generic windows drivers for the card i gave up and promptly removed the card because i was going to buy a new 1, on the night i shutdown my pc awaking the next morning to find to my displeasure at my pc not turning on, i reinserted the pci card to no avail and removed it again, looking through the motherboard manual i couldent find a short cut to reset my bios without being able to see the actual bios screen, after a phone call to giga-byte UK and not really getting any help off them and the urgency of getting my pc back up and running in some sort of fashion i removed the battery from the board and reinserted it, and wahey! pc booted and i had xp back up and on, all i had to was reinstall the sound and i thought that was it, however i tried to open nuendo up and do my distraught i got the blue screen of death telling me i had a IRQL_NOT_LESS_ OR_EQUAL error. I have looked on google for some sites with answers and most sits seem to point to it being a driver conflict but i havent install any new software, the only thing i removed from the pc was the sound card and moved it around pci slots to see if that fixed the problem with no luck, a friend suggested i updated my bios but when i go on the gigabyte site and download the bios for the Gigabyte 7nnxp mobo when i try to flsh the bios i get a unsupported chipset error msg, i never had this error before i had to pull the plug so to speak if it is any help im running windows xp, with an amd xp barton 2.5 processor, 1024 meg of ddr 444 ram, a soundblaster audigy soundcard and a gigabyte 7nnxp motherboard,
any help greatly appreciated

Steven!

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 15:12 13 Dec 04

"the only thing i removed from the PC was the sound card and moved it around pci slots to see if that fixed the problem with no luck"

are all your cards back in their original positions. Different slots use different interrupt requests, sounds like you have a conflict.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…