IRPStackSize Error Message

mrdsgs 10:06 07 May 03

I hope someone can help

I have built and run several machines but two of them that dual boot Windows 2000 and Windows 98 display the following message in Event Viewer. As the message implies, it is not causing a problem but I would rather cure it if possible.

The problem happens when booting into Windows 2000 and does not seem to happen on similar machines that do not dual boot but run Windows 2000

"The value named IRPStacSize in the Server's Registry key LanmanServer/Parameters was invalid. The value was ignored and processing continued."

I have used regedit and the data value is:

0xffffffe or 4294967294

Any help would vbe appreciated.

mrdsgs 10:21 07 May 03

I've looked it up in Microsoft knowledge base and deleted the item from the registry and all seems well.

I now know what the default value is so can reinsert it woth a usable vale if needed but the error message has vanished and everything seems to be working therefore the problem is hopefully solved.

However I wouls still apprecaite any advice or comments

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Apple Event live stream | Apple October Event live blog: Watch Apple unveil new MacBook Pro, new…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Lida designs a cross-stitch email sent to thousands of Ikea Family members

Apple Watch 2 review | Apple Watch Series 2 review: Faster performance, a brighter screen, water-ret…