Iriver T30

herc182 12:40 12 May 06

Dear all,

I bought the aforementioned mp3 player. I go to plug it in and my computer doesnt even recognise that it is plugged in (it should have a pop up saying new hardware).

i have windows XP home SP2.
I have tried three different USB ports.

any ideas?

thanks

Rich Pickings 12:42 12 May 06

Have you loaded the driver from the manufacturer's CD, you usually have to do this before plugging in a USB device

herc182 12:51 12 May 06

didnt come with a cd for drivers. had a cd with windows media player 10, which i already have on there.
i just pluged my other pm3 player into it, and that works fine.
i hope its not the T30 thats broken already!

herc182 13:30 12 May 06

well this is really irritating. I dont know what is happening. I plugged it into the USB port that my wireless internet was plugged into and it finally recognised it. then it disappeared. if i switch it off then on again (the mp3 player) it is recognised again by my computer then switches off again.
I plugged it into my friends computer and it worked first time and appeared in "My computer" as a difference drive.

anyone know what is going on? why is it not working on my USB ports?

thanks

woofwoofbark 21:07 14 May 06

have you checked Device Manager with the player plugged into your comp ??

if it shows up in Device Manager then open its properties

Device Manager

Right click "My Computer" and select Properties the the Hardware tab and choose Device Manager

HTH and good luck

Skills 21:14 14 May 06

Are you plugging the device into a hub or a USB port on the PC itself?

herc182 07:06 15 May 06

it doesnt show on device manager.

and yes, i am plugging it into a USB port in the computer itself, not a hub. has it got anything to do with the power of the USB port?

herc182 16:08 15 May 06

anyone? thanks.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…