Iritable fault

dougiedoo 12:04 15 Jun 04

I am using an XP OS. A very irritable fault has occurred. Every time the system boots up the desktop appears with the message "6e4:qttask.exe - No Disk Device/Harddisk\Dr 1" . I cannot get rid of it. I have gone back to System Restore, before the fault appeared, but I still get this message. The only thing I have installed recently has been a MS Optical Mouse.For my sanity, please help!
Audrey Douglass

[email protected]

MAJ 12:10 15 Jun 04

Try going to Start > Run, type in "msconfig" (without the quote marks), click the Startup tab and untick the "qttask" entry, dougiedoo. Reboot your computer and see if that cures it.

AndySD 12:11 15 Jun 04

Open your quicktime player choose edit then preferences then quicktime preferences and choose Browser Plugin and untick Quicktime System tray icon.

bretsky 13:40 15 Jun 04

You do not need to show your email address, people who respond to your thread will either reply to your ? on the same page or email you via pca via the little envelope icon next to your name.

bretsky ;0)

dougiedoo 14:34 16 Jul 04

Thanks for the info re'iritable fault',the fault disappeared after following MAJ'S suggestion, however we bought a Photoshop7 magazine plus CD on trying to open the files on disc the message do disc in drive appeared. Any other magazine disc works OK.We put the disc on another computer it worked the first time ,the next time the message 71c:qttask.exe-no disc in drive came up and now whenever the computer starts up this message appears on the second computer only. We have changed the disc at WH>Smiths but the second disc behaves as the first.We have XP on both machines. Why is this happening? It is also almost impossible to get rid of these messages. dougiedoo.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…