Irfanview has taken over!! Help?

spider9 13:54 05 May 05

I have been doing some resizing of photos for a webpage, using Irfanview (which did the job exactly as it says on the tin!!) - but I think I must have done something, because now whatever set of pictures I want to open (even any not involved with the webpage) they come up opening with'Irfanview' - my complete collection!
I can then open in 'windows' as previously by using the 'open with' option, but it reverts back the next time. Short of uninstalling Irfanview, is there anything I can do to return to the previous setup?
I'm lost - any help out there? Thanks.

pauldonovan 14:02 05 May 05

..IrFanview has overwritten your associations.

You could re-associate them by hand but i've just found this (haven't tried it myself) which has a button that purports to default all your associations for image files.

The alternative is to uninstall irfanview which i suspect will put them back as they were...I'd be tempted to go for that.

bretsky 14:14 05 May 05

Have you tried right clicking on an image and going into the properties and changing "opens with" option. NOT to be confused with the "open with" option, you will need to go into properties of the image.

I to use irfanview and had the same problem media files the lot were changed! I use this click here It checks with you first before any changes take place.

bretsky ;0)

spider9 14:17 05 May 05

Thanks, that did seem to be the only way - so I did uninstall Irfanview and everything reverted to 'normal' .
I will be much more careful using Irfanview next time. Cheers.

spider9 14:20 05 May 05

Thanks, also, your post appeared after I thanked pauldonovan. Will look into that 'winpatrol' you mentioned. Thanks.

bretsky 14:23 05 May 05

No problem....must type faster next time..lol

bretsky ;0)

bretsky 14:26 05 May 05

spider9, sorry got that wrong too.

bretsky ;0)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

15 macOS Sierra tips | How to use macOS Sierra: Secret tricks and best new features in Apple's new…