Irfan View 3.95 Available

Pesala 17:39 29 Oct 04

New features list:

• New TIF save option: Save all pages from original image • New batch option: Apply changes to all image pages (if TIF saving) • New TIF option: Edit multipage TIF (Menu: View->Multipage images) • Option to sort thumbnails using EXIF date (Thumbnails menu) • Option to sort thumbnails using image width/height (Thumbnails menu) • New image menu: Custom Rotation (Fine rotation) • New JPG Transformation dialog option: Auto rotate (according to EXIF info) • Option to show full file path in the title bar (Properties->Misc 1) • New HTML dialog option: Choose folder with templates (for changed templates) • Option to paste Text from Clipboard as image • Several PlugIns are changed/updated, please install the newest versions:
Download from: click here • Some minor bugs/features fixed/added (crop, MS PNG bug, print dialog)

Not yet on Irfan View Home Page: click here

Available from: click here

Pidder 18:23 29 Oct 04

I don't normally use TIFs. Can I ask what their benefits are over JPEGs or BITMAPs? Do they use more memory? My camera produces JPEGs of course.

Pesala 18:44 29 Oct 04

click here for a great site explaining the pros and cons.

watchful 18:52 29 Oct 04

I cannot download the latest version as IE is blocking it as unsafe.

Pesala 18:57 29 Oct 04

That is why IE thinks it is unsafe. Temperorily, reduce your security settings to download it.

I have already installed it.

Mozarella 19:11 29 Oct 04

Pesala, many thanks, just what I needed

watchful 19:14 29 Oct 04

Thank you. Done as you suggested and downloaded it OK.

Andsome 19:26 29 Oct 04

I found that I had not uninstalled the previous version first, and ended up with icons all over the place and two versions. It is best to uninstall and then install the new version. Don't forget to uninstall the old plug ins and install the new ones.

watchful 19:39 29 Oct 04

Forgot to say thanks for the link.

Andsome - I did uninstall the old version first but thanks all the same.

Pesala 19:47 29 Oct 04

Tucows still says 3.92

powerless 22:18 29 Oct 04

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2017 is Green

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…