IrDa to Nokia Mobile problem

diaz 17:39 10 Nov 03

I'm running Windows XP Pro and have recently purchased a USB to IrDA adapter (GMUI-4200N} to connect Nokia 7250i & 7210 mobile phones.

I've installed the XP driver for the IrDA adapter and this is listed in "Device Manager." I've also installed Nokia PC Suite 5.16 to use in conjunction. Unfortunately I cannot get my PC to recognise the phone.

I've tried changing various settings in the driver properties i.e Infared Tranceiver Type; Min Turn-around time & Speed Enable but still with no joy.

I checked the Nokia site and it explains to install the phone as an IRDA modem, but as my PC does not recognise the phone I cannot install the driver in "Phones and Modem Options".

I've looked at various other forums and none of their answers seem to solve my problem. Please help, I'm at my wits end.

AubreyS 17:54 10 Nov 03

In the options there maybe two Ir settings. IE Infrared (IrDA drivers) and Direct Ir. Mkae sure you have it on the correct one. Let us know how you get on. A.

diaz 18:43 10 Nov 03

I don't see that option in either the Irda properties on the phone and modem options. Where is it?

AubreyS 18:49 10 Nov 03

When you open Nokia PC Suite, click on Connection and there should be an option there to select the type of connection you need. I have a Nokia 6210 with Ir and I use Nokia PC Suite 4.

diaz 20:43 11 Nov 03

I'm running Nokia PC suite 5.16 and the only options are cable, infrared or bluetooth. I think the problem lies with the PC not recognising the phone at all, therefore I cannot install the modem drivers.

Jester2K II 20:52 11 Nov 03

Stupid question! Have you turned the phones IR port on???

diaz 20:54 11 Nov 03

Yeah, I'm going into the connectivity menu, selecting infrared.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

iPhone 9 and beyond: 32 amazing future smartphone developments - graphene, supercapacitor…