IrDA devices in range

Tazfan 13:07 07 Jan 03
  Tazfan 13:07 07 Jan 03

Just bought a IrDA device to enable wireless use between my PC and Nokia 8310. It turns out that Logo Manager will not work with it, and the Orange or Nokia will not offer support for Logo Manager. Nokia told me to download PC Suite, which I have done. That does not work either. Reading the troubleshooting guide, I am told the following...It is recommended that you should not select the "Enable software
install for Plug and Play devices in range" option from Infrared
Monitor as it interferes with the installation of the Nokia PC
Suite 4.3.

Where do I find, and how do I remove the enable P&P devices in range?

I find that when my phone is near the IrDA port, Windows finds it and tell me to start copying files. I dont want or need this to happen, and would like to disable it. I feel that it is this that is stopping Logo Manager and PC Suite from working.

Tazfan 13:58 07 Jan 03

Sorry to appear impatient, but can anyone advise? Iv no idea if I can resolve this, and if I cant, today is the end of my 14 day return period for the IrDA port I bought. If I cant get it to work, I am going to return it and get a refund.

As always, all help is appreciated. T:-)

tbh72 14:02 07 Jan 03

I use windows 98se. If you go

Setting's -> Control Panel -> IRDA. click the advanced button and deselect P&P

I'm working from memory, as I can't be bothered to switch on the laptop, but the option is there.

Tazfan 08:02 08 Jan 03

Not sure how, but it is sorted. I uninstalled and reinstalled a few times, but was meeting no success. I had Logo Manager up as well as PC Suite 4.3. Amate came round at this point, who has th same phone as me. He plonked his down on the desk, and activated his Infra Red, and straight away, LM picked up his phone. He moved his, put mine back, and hey presto, it too worked. Kept trying during the evenning to see if it was still working and it was. Tried 1st thing this morning, and it still works.

Werd. It as if my mates phone (on a different network) kind of jump started it into action.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…