IR reciever, will any work with remote?

Mysticnas 11:41 13 Oct 03

Hello again all,

I seem to have lost my ir reciever for my TVcard. Will my remote for it work with any ir reciever? Can i just buy another one from maplins? or will i have to get intouch with the TVcard company and get them to send one out?

Nas

Jack D 11:45 13 Oct 03

Checked the batteries first?

Mysticnas 11:52 13 Oct 03

i think you have missunderstood what i am saying. Bascially, there is a ir recier that plugs into the back of my TVcard that allows me to control the TV card with a remote. The remote is fine. But i've lost the ir reciever. I've moved around and seems like i may have thrown it out by mistake.

davejo 11:55 13 Oct 03

I think you will have to go the manufacturer of your tv card to get a replacement as different makes transmit/receive in different ways.

Mysticnas 11:57 13 Oct 03

well thats that then... looks like i'll never use the remote again!

Leadtek may make exceedingly good products but their customer support is awful!!! I've sent emails many times regarding some small issues, and they've never replied to me!

davejo 12:10 13 Oct 03

Have you thought about buying another tv card? Maybe in the long run it maybe the cheaper option.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Qualcomm Snapdragon 835 benchmarks: Antutu, Geekbench 4, GFXBench and PCMark results

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This stop-frame animation tells a moving story of domestic violence for Refuge

New iPad 2017 preview: Apple's affordable but underspecced new iPad may appeal to the education…