IR or cable connection

Dark Knight 00:03 27 Jul 03

Want to connect my Phone (Nokia 6100) to my PC.

Seems I have two options either buy the official cable or buy an USB infrared port.

Which is the best option? and why?

Dark Knight 21:17 27 Jul 03

I am using Win 98Se have noticed from previous threads that Infrared can cause problems with this OS. Is this a common problem or an Isolated one?

Qmar 22:13 27 Jul 03

(..go to a good local supplier and ask there? Maplin?.) await further responses.

Dark Knight 10:21 28 Jul 03

Just been looking at this IR Port click here
gives little indication of compatability although thte price is good. Anybody tried it - more to the point anybody try it with wn 98se?

DieSse 10:49 28 Jul 03

Only ever seen problems with IR connections - whereas cable normally works fine.

3Toed 11:40 28 Jul 03

Dark Knight,
Seems a good price,i use a belkin usb i.r. on mine-its a lot more expensive though.Use it for my nokia 7650 with win xp,never had any problems-sees it straightaway.Also i notice the driver provided on floppy is also for win 98.Food for thought?

Tenner 11:55 28 Jul 03

Try click here - not sure whether this helps or good enough for price, but they are usually well stocked and very helpful

Regards

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…