IQXY.EXE

GazMaz 17:43 12 Aug 03

Does anyone know what this program is?
It is on my PC in the C:\Windows\All users\Start Menu\Programs\StartUp folder.
I have run MSconfig and tried to stop it starting but it always seems to be running.
I am running Freedom Firewall through a Netgear Router, and I don't think it's spywear!?!? But would like to see if anyone knows what it could be.
No details when I right-click and click on properties are available, looked on the web no info!?!?
Any Ideas?

Regards

Stuartli 18:33 12 Aug 03

It's not listed on the Symantec website...:-)

Stuartli 18:35 12 Aug 03

A further thought - ICQ files have somewhat similar file/dll etc names although I can't see an IQXY.EXE version; wondering if the C has gone missing if you do have ICQ?

GazMaz 18:47 12 Aug 03

I'm running windows 98, erm don't think I've got any ICQ files/programs.

GazMaz 18:56 12 Aug 03

Just tried to delete the file and error message pops up cannot delete the specified file is being used by windows.

G.

Jester2K II 07:38 13 Aug 03

Update your Anti Virus and do a full scan.

Get Free AV from click here

Jester2K II 07:46 13 Aug 03

The reason i say this is there is no mention of IQXY.exe on Google or any other start up lists.

This suggests the name is a random creation and only viruses generate random file names.

GazMaz 21:10 13 Aug 03

Thanks Jester it turned out to be Bugbear, I am trying to remove it at the moment!!!
Freedom antiVirus didn't catch it, so I'll be putting in a moan to them, not as if no-one knows about the bugbear irus is it!!

VoG II 21:15 13 Aug 03

Stinger will get rid of Bugbear click here

GazMaz 21:42 13 Aug 03

Gone thanks to all.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…