Iqon pc / XP problems.

yogibear 08:43 14 May 04

I have just bought an iqon pc, 2.4Ghz Celeron, 256Mb DDR ram, GA-8SIMLH-P mobo,80Gb HDD, running XP Home Edition.

Possibly a big mistake.

The machine was delivered with a duff mobo and HDD, it took a week to get an engineer out to it due to the silly times (the hours that most people are at work) the helpline is open. The engineers only work Mon - Fri 9 to 5, thus incurring costs with timeoff work to meet the engineer.

Sorted, I thought, wrong! It takes 3 - 4 minutes to access a programme, the internet access is so slow you can have a bath between pages, and it refuses to install any of the software packed with the pc.

I have tried stopping items opening on boot up, but this only makes things worse. I was going to e-mail iqon, but otlook express is the slowest programme of all.

Looking in the archives on this site, it seems that XP has quite a few faults, how long before billy boy gets it sorted.

Sorry about this, not so much a request for help as an online whinge.

Diodorus Siculus 08:49 14 May 04

Do you have the WinXP CD and the knowledge to install XP yourself? If so, it might be wortht while doing so and getting it tuned as you want it.

Diodorus Siculus 08:52 14 May 04

click here

click here

How to make XP run as you want it.

yogibear 10:03 14 May 04

Thanks for that. No I don't have the CD, and my e-mails to iqon to ask why not have been ignored. Under ME I just used to search for setup and look for 'options cabs setup' and reinstall windows without the need to reformat, etc. It seems XP doesn't have that facility...or does it?

woodchip 10:16 14 May 04

Take it back tell them it's not fit for it's purpose ask for your money back, If it was by credit card then you should be OK as you are covered for about 90 days by them, you can contact them by phone and explain to them what as happened. Then go buy a new computer what works

yogibear 21:21 16 May 04

Cheers woodchip. The phone call and e-mail have already been sent. I have also, possibly a bit silly, advised them as to what I think both of their machines and the after sales service, both basically crap.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Huawei P10 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

An overview: What leading creative agencies are doing to improve diversity

New iPad, iPhone SE & Red iPhone 7 on sale now