IPX/SPX error 733

Tooley88 14:03 21 Jul 09

Hello All,
I am using an Advent T9002 and have just run a system restore from manufactures restore disc, now after reinstalling most of my programmes, although I can log onto my ISP with connection active but cannot log on the computer, I keep getting message saying IPX/SPX or compatibility CP Error 733, Ihave reinstalled modem software but still the same. Can anyone help please !!!!

2 things which may influence your comments,

1-When the boot up was nearing completion a message came up saying Springfield.ADV. The procedure entry point _get [email protected] could not be loaded in the dynamic library MSDART.DLL.

2- When the restore was complete a message came saying Insert start up disc into floppy drive an press enter.

On a previous occasion some time ago when I did a restore this never happened.

Any help would be appreciated I'm not adversed to having to do a re install.

Regards, Tooley

mgmcc 19:04 21 Jul 09

"NWLink IPX/SPX/NetBIOS Compatible Transport Protocol" is an alternative protocol that can be used to connect computers in a Local Area Network, instead of using TCP/IP. It *CANNOT* be used to connect to the internet which must use TCP/IP.

IPX/SPX can be installed optionally in Windows XP if someone is having problems accessing other computers in a Local Area Network, but it isn't installed by default.

If you do actually have IPX/SPX installed but aren't using it, open the Network Connections folder, highlight one of your network adapters ("Local Area Connection" or "Wireless Network Connection") right click it and select Properties. Highlight the entry for "NWLink IPX/SPX/NetBIOS Compatible Transport Protocol" and click the Uninstall button.

Tooley88 23:12 21 Jul 09

Thanks mgmcc
Tried what you suggested, but unfortunately it hasn't worked.
When I tried to uninstall IPX -------- a message came up saying Could not uninstall, required by Service Advertising Protocol until this is uninstalled, which I did and that removed IPX-------- then restarted the computer, but sill the same problem.
Have you any more suggestions ?

Regards, Tooley

mgmcc 08:01 22 Jul 09

I don't know why IPX/SPX issues should be arising at all, because the protocol wouldn't normally be required. I can only suggest that you do a "clean" install of Windows again and hope that solves it.

...unless anyone else has a suggestion.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Huawei P10 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

An overview: What leading creative agencies are doing to improve diversity

New iPad, iPhone SE & Red iPhone 7 on sale now