IPX Protocals! How do i get it!?

Dearersteak 22:39 19 Sep 03

Hi all!

Ok, I have a few games that have network capabiltys, but, on a few of them, it says I have to have IPX.

Can some one please Explain this to me, and whether I can use this on my network, as I have a Linksys router, and I?m using TCP/IP protocols.

Thanks all!

DieSse 22:52 19 Sep 03

IPX is part of the networking setup - found in the control panel. Exactly how you add it in depends on which version of windows you are using - but if you look in the help files, it'll tell you how.

Dearersteak 22:56 19 Sep 03

well, i'm running Xp on both my machines, But will i have to set all the machines up to IPX, or does the OS use what ever protocol it needs for the job? So, Us TCP/IP most the time, then swicth to IPX when i try to play the games the require IPX?

DieSse 23:14 19 Sep 03

You can have more than one protocol installed - so I presume the game will use the one it wants. I would expect you to have to install it on both systems, if what you mean is you're playing the game between them. If it's not on both systems, how would they talk to each other?

Dearersteak 23:14 19 Sep 03

Ah, right, Not to worrie! Found it, installed it, and it works!

Thanks Anyway DieSse

Dearersteak 23:16 19 Sep 03

Wow, i think we posted are messages withing seconds of each other, but yeah, i expected to have to install it on all the machines that i was going to play the game with!

Thanks again!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Christmas Agency Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…