ipodmini and itunes

User-312386 19:29 05 Apr 05

Hi all

Have bought a nice little ipodmini and me and my wife are going to share it.

I have ripped quite a few tracks and we want to separate the tracks into 2 different folders in the ipod. What i mean is we want a HIS and HER folder where her music is and my music is. Is this possible?

I have tried to put different folders in the C:\Documents and Settings\My Name\My Documents\My Music\iTunes\iTunes Music folder but this does not work on the ipodmini

Any ideas how we can have 2 folders like this on the ipodmini?

User-312386 00:53 06 Apr 05

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Daz35 00:59 06 Apr 05

I own a different make Mp3 player which you can create different playlists etc, so I should think it could be done.

This might give you more info: click here

Kate B 01:24 06 Apr 05

I think you'll have to make do with creating two separate playlists if you're going to stick with iTunes. But two suggestions: one, there's lots of third-party software - I've used XPlayer which supports a drag and drop way of managing your iPod. It's available from click here.

Otherwise, have a look at click here which is a forum dedicated to iPod use. There are links to all sorts of software and you might also want to post there.

busman 01:24 06 Apr 05

The answer to your question is yes.First make a play list for "him" in iTunes, then drag & drop in your songs into the folder, do the same for "her",plug in your iPod and they will transfer auto to your portable player.

User-312386 20:51 06 Apr 05

thanks

Kate B-------------Thanks

busman-------------Thanks

Will look at all sugestions

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The updated 'Corel Painter inside Photoshop' plugin ParticleShop offers new brushes

New MacBook Pro 2017 release date, UK price and tech specs: Kaby Lake MacBook Pro to launch in…