ipod/itunes problems

DavyBroon 11:37 22 Nov 07

My step daughter and I are sharing the same itunes programme on the home PC. Ideally, she would upload her own music into itunes, I would upload mine, and we would then copy the tracks we want onto our (separate)ipods.

However, whenever I plug in my ipod, itunes deletes what is on there and replaces it with my step daughter's stuff. Even more infuriatingly, there seems to be no way of deleting tracks directly from the ipod itself. Any plain language suggestions gratefully received!

A further problem I have is that the volume setting (even when turned right up) seems too low on my ipod. Although my stepdaughter can change volume settings on her device, she is unable to do so on mine because it requests a code, and I've no idea where to get this information from.

Is owning an ipod really worth all the hassle I'm experiencing at the moment?

Thanks in advance!

superhoops 17:12 22 Nov 07

As far as I know there is not a lot you can do about it. If you select only your daughters or only your own playlist to sync it overwrites what is already o the ipod leavin only what you selected to be synced.

On my ipod (classic 80gb) there is a setting to adjust the master volume. Perhaps yours is set too low?

Is owning an ipod worthwhile? I have had mine 4 weeks and have reset it to factory conditions twice already!!

john bunyan 17:53 22 Nov 07

DavyBroon
1. Create a separate playlist from the joint library for you and your step daughter ..
As you plug in each iPod, hold down Shift and Control. Select Manually manage music. Then you can tell each iPod to synch its own playlist only. There is a good web site "Ask iLounge" where you can look up most problems like deleting from or copying from the iPod - which is in fact like an external HD.

User-1232682 22:33 23 Jan 08

I've got an iPod Nano(8g) but find that some music intro's "jump" well into the song. Am I doing something wrong when writing music to the iPod? Help! I'm fed up with manually going back to the beginning of a song!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sniper Elite 4 review: Headshotting Nazis has never felt so good

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Best Design, Illustration, Animation and VFX Awards of 2017

WWDC 2017 dates: How to get WWDC 2017 tickets, when is WWDC 2017 and more details announced