IPOD Won't sync, "the required disk cannot be foun

Will 14:17 02 Jan 08

Got an IPOD shuffle for christmas and still can't get it to sync with music on it. I downloaded itunes, resgistered the shuffle, imported a music library, created a play list, even changed the location to autofill from but it will not take the music. Everytime it comes up with an error message saying

"the IPOD "NAME" cannot be synced. The required disk cannot be found"

I have even changed the docking port to my wifes old one but still no joy, can anybody help?

J_M 14:25 02 Jan 08
  Will 22:09 02 Jan 08

J_m Thanks, managed to sort it out after direction from your link. I had to dowwnload a shuffle reset program to set it back to the factory setting, saved a lot of hastle.

mikebod123 18:08 30 Jul 08

After getting this error message, I have been searching for a fix on my ipod shuffle 2nd gen all afternoon. I have SP2, itunes 7.7 and ipod 1.04.
Everytime I plug the ipod in it registers in My Computer, then drops out after 8 seconds.
I downloaded the independent reset utility from apple. Didn't work. However, I noticed that if I had the utility running in the background, the ipod didn't drop from my computer.
So I dragged and dropped an mp3 into the root directory. Then I double clicked on it and iTunes started up - and there it went - started to syncronise!
I wonder if Windows disregards it (for some reason) if there is nothing on the disk?

ponyboyyy 01:22 28 Aug 08

I tried everything, and it seems the ipod updater is the only thing that makes it work. Itunes always fails to make the ipods work, both my shuffle and my original ipod, and when I used the ipod updater(latest version on shuffle), it worked.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac