ipod and windows

MIKE 20:17 12 Jan 05

A friend of mine has been given an ipod for christmas and has asked me what windows platform it will it work on 98se,me,2000,or XP. What I know about ipods you could write on a postage stamp and still have space left. Could anyone let me know what os an ipod will run on. Many thanks.

MIKE 20:37 12 Jan 05

bump

JIM 20:39 12 Jan 05

Windows XP, Windows 2000.That is because i know that the itunes software can only install to the above.

VoG II 20:39 12 Jan 05

Windows 98 onwards.

JIM 20:40 12 Jan 05

See what you think.

click here

VoG II 20:52 12 Jan 05

Sorry, you are right. I just asked daughter - bad move!

MIKE 20:55 12 Jan 05

Thanks VoG™ & JIM for your help all she needs to do now is set up the software.

MIKE 20:58 12 Jan 05

I should have made my last statement more clear my friend will need help in setting up her software.

JIM 22:06 12 Jan 05

Register and download to the PC that will be used(important) Download software just follow intructions, that is no problem.The hard bit is the info before hand as it is/looks a minefield ;)

After the software is loaded/installed the help files are very good.Make sure your offline to read them,as when connected,different kettle of fish,confusing time again. :) Check the links to make it easier for you.

If you want to keep file assocation with other software dont take option to let iTunes or Quicktime change them.The apple Software when setting up configuration,just accept defaults and when programs open they will ask again,just say no and be reminded.

Mind you if using the Ipod/iTunes most of the time there be no reason not to let them have poss assocation to other media files.Easy change over if using Win media player for e.g.

Its a matter of searching,But the help offline is alright.

This tutorial is based on iTunes version 4.5 and iPod Software version 2.2. give the basics.As said 10 times:) Keep clicking next and then look at details.Have fun for a few hours,I did.

click here

click here

click here

MIKE 22:11 12 Jan 05

Thanks jim I think you have got yourself recognised as the ipod expert.

Ivor_Monkey 00:07 13 Jan 05

You want itunes for win98? Sign here click here

But don't hold you breath.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Amazon Fire HD 8 review: A brilliant combination of function and value – with one massive caveat

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How to create an introvert-friendly workplace

Apple Watch 2 review | Apple Watch Series 2 review: New Apple Watch is faster, brighter, water-resit…