IPOD updated software instalation problems

Will 11:29 17 Oct 05

My son came to me last night saying he had attempted an update for his IPOD but it hadn't worked. I copied the tracks from Itunes to another file to preserve his files as a firdt step. The problem seems to be as follows: The update was downloaded, the update attempts to load and it says insert original instalation disk, the update starts to load then stops, saying the presant program is newer than the one to be loaded and there is a problem with comunicating to the IPOD..... Any ideas?
The IPOD was bought in the US(Porto Rico) and the battery is charge by the computer(background info)
I run Win XP, 1400MHz,512 ram, 120 HDD.

notnef 19:03 05 Jul 06

I was "asked" to update the IPOD to v6.5. This failed because there was an error message " 1607 unable to install InstallShield scripting Runtime"

Itunes has now gone from ny system completely. I run Windows Xp with Norton anti-virus etc

how do I resolve this ?

splatter 21:11 05 Jul 06

You want my serious advice? Ditch the iPod! I know it seems harsh but I am on my 3rd unit in 6 months. Well, actually the 3rd is still sat in a sealed box waiting to be sold (any offers?).

They are fantastic MP3 players, but the software is so buggy, and iTunes is even worse: some have even said its worse than a virus but that's just taking it to extremes, dont ya think!

Sorry to sound so negative, but for some advice try click here (apple support page) or click here (apple support forums).

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2017 is Green

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…