iPod touch firmware upgrade

ykzn 03:12 21 Jul 09

Hi all!

How can I update my iPod touch second generation's firmware 2.2.1 to 3.0 without losing all my songs and apps and games?

Thanks!

gengiscant 08:48 21 Jul 09

You don't lose anything when you upgrade,my ipod touch 2nd gen has been and I lost nothing.

But before you upgrade, you might want to do a bit of research and ask yourself whether the upgrade is worth it.The upgrade doesn't really add much to the ipod touch.
If I had looked into it more, I wouldn't have bothered.

I am Spartacus 08:49 21 Jul 09

Connect it to iTunes and download the upgrade. I did it without losing anything. I would suggest doing a backup of iTunes first.

ykzn 12:36 21 Jul 09

gengiscant & I am Spartacus,

Thanks! Now I am thinking it over again to upgrade when it would not do any worthy improvements to my iPod touch second generation.

Really thanks!

I am Spartacus 13:51 21 Jul 09

The benefits I got were that the keyboard now works in Landscape mode which makes the keys slightly bigger and there's copy & paste functionality. The voice recorder is not much use as there's no microphone. There's no noticeable speed improvement. Unless you use the keyboard and copy & paste then there's no great benefits.

brambles 14:59 21 Jul 09

I personally think its worthwhile for a modest cost. Being an elderly person the landscape typewriter is certainly beneficial for me.

With regard to the voice recorder I purchased a mic/earphone/downloaded the Skype application and can use it outside with free wireless. It then becomes easy to record voice messages.

Also I can copy an image from those on my Touch - and paste it into an email - all works very well with a cup of coffee and free McDonalds wi-fi.

Brambles

I am Spartacus 15:58 21 Jul 09

Could you give me a link to the headphone/mic you bought please?

brambles 10:41 22 Jul 09

From the Apple Store

iPhone Stereo Headset MA814LL/A about £25 - there is a superior one costs circa £49

Brambles

john bunyan 11:52 22 Jul 09

On my grand daughters touch, the upgrade enabled bluetooth.

I am Spartacus 13:12 22 Jul 09

Thanks brambles, I'd seen those but it didn't state Touch compatibility. Now you've confirmed it I'll order a pair.

gengiscant 13:20 23 Jul 09

Get them here for half brambles price.
click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is ransomware and how do I protect my PC from WannaCry?

Disney layout supervisor Rob Dressel on the challenges of visualising Moana

Siri vs Google Assistant