IPOD Touch: can i return it? (16 days from tesco)

KorgY 16:41 PM 08 Jul 09

Hello,

I ordered a Ipod touch from tesco's about 18 days ago, and it arrived on June 22nd., so i've had it 16 days. I have used it - and purchaes software too etc (even upgraded it to version 3.0) , and like it, but I am regretting not getting an "Iphone" (I have the Ipod), as I can't do text's etc.

Can i return this item to tesco's - which is in "as new" condition?. Tesco T&C go on to say:

"""""""""".1 Non-faulty items
Please let us know if you wish to return an item within 28 days of receipt by following the instructions on the back of the invoice. Only some items can be returned to a Tesco store so please do check""""""""""""

It's non faulty, but has been used, so not sure what to say to tesco (direct).

PS: Tesco don't do Iphone I don't think

Thank you very much in advance,

KorgY

Sea Urchin 16:47 PM 08 Jul 09

Only some items can be returned to a Tesco store so please do check""""""""""""

So I assume Tesco will be the only people who will know what can be returned - I should ask them

blazingbadger 18:01 PM 08 Jul 09

I know some stores have a policy that certain Items are exempt from returning (Your statutory rights are not affected) as you also point out It has been used and also up graded so I would doubt it.

Stuartli 18:12 PM 08 Jul 09

If everyone changed their mind about a purchase a fortnight or more later merely because they've had second thoughts, the retail trade would be in turmoil.

Your iPod Touch might, in your words, be in "as new" and fully working condition, but if Tesco had sold such a product to you without saying it was a used/returned item, I'm pretty sure you would be miffed, to put it mildly.

You made your choice and you must live with the consequences. You should have taken more care to ensure it would do what you required before buying.

Tesco is entirely blameless.

Sell it to someone else and put the money towards an iPhone.

KorgY 19:08 PM 08 Jul 09

Ok, thanks for replies:(

Thank you

KorgY

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 now: how to download and install Windows 10 even if GWX.exe is missing

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Nokia rolls out spherical camera for virtual reality apps

7 best iPhone web browser apps: Why Safari for iOS is still a better option than Chrome, Dolphin,…