iPod Software Spyware Issue

dogbreath1 19:56 27 Mar 06

I heard today of bundled malware associated with iPod software. I've just spent half an hour Googling for more info. on this but can't find anything. Are any of you guys familiar with this issue?? Cheers, db.

Monoux 20:04 27 Mar 06

Try click here for more info. Or type in ipod,malware into a google search which will bring up loads of links

dogbreath1 21:16 27 Mar 06

Thanks for your reply, but I can't find any reference to malware bundled with the iPod software. I'm told that the culprit code can result in lost internet connectivity. It does seem hard to believe since an internet connection is required for iTunes downloads. But, nevertheless, I thought that the rumour was worth checking out as the alleged problem could be an unanticipated side effect of a program designed to monitor your track selection, for example.

dogbreath1 16:07 28 Mar 06

click here for what I believe to be the issue. This link explains one possible problem and offers work arounds/solutions. So, should you lose your internet connection and have the latest version of iTunes installed...this might well be worth checking out.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Method Studios' title sequence for BBC series Taboo is truly unsettling

Best Pages for iOS tips | How to use Pages for iPad & iPhone: 7 simple tips to get more out of…