ipod question

originalmiscellany 19:44 25 May 05

Right:
I have an external hard drive where I store my mp3's which I sync to my ipod on a daily basis.

On my H drive, I have 2 folders - Music and the Ipod folder which is where the music is stored and ordered using Itunes. The Music folder contains folders such as "R.E.M." and inside that are separate folders containing MP3's of the CD's which I own...

When I use Itunes to consolidate the library, it doesn't store the music in that folder order but in another manner.

My question is, that as the 2 folders MUSIC and ITUNES are identical, can I delete the folder "MUSIC" safe in the knowledge that Itunes will be fine?

If I reformat my computer (which I plan to do over half term), can I re-sync my Ipod to the "ITUNES" folder, which will sort out all the songs, or do I need to keep the "MUSIC" folder to transfer them back onto my ipod?

Does this make sense?
I hope so!

Cheers

originalmiscellany 14:47 26 May 05

please?

Magik ®© 16:05 26 May 05

drag the tracks out of the music folder, delete the folder and then drag all the tracks back into the iPod folder........

originalmiscellany 16:19 26 May 05

as ever, cheers

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Why ecommerce hasn't taken off on social media

New MacBook Pro 2016 review | MacBook Pro with Touch Bar review: Apple's expensive and powerful…