ipod problems

harps1h 23:12 26 Dec 08

my daughters ipod has stopped syncing on my system. in fact i have reinstall itunes 8.0 but whenever it is connected to my computer, it seems to freeze the itunes interface. whenever the ipod is removed the itunes frees up again. also if the ipod is conneted to the computer before itunes is opened, the program refuses to open. there must be a conflict somewhere but i cant find it.

any ideas?

mocha 07:04 27 Dec 08

Hi harps1h,

You dont say what windows you are running but there are some usb driver issues with itunes 8.0

Try downloading the latest version and see if that cures it. I think the latest version is 8.0.2

A statement from apple below

click here

harps1h 07:35 27 Dec 08

Stupid of me as i should have known better!

I run Vista and i already have this version of itunes. this is a recent problem only told to me last night. however her sisters nano works perfectly and the article you linked also said it affected nano.

harps1h 08:14 27 Dec 08

i should also mention that it does the same on her sisters laptop

mocha 09:36 27 Dec 08

Hi harps1h,

Can you see the ipod if you click on 'Computer'. It should be seen as a drive and given a letter as below.

MOCHA'S IPOD (E:)

Can you click on the drive and see Folders/Files on the drive.

harps1h 22:07 27 Dec 08

yes i can see it through my computer and explore it. I am wondering if it is the version of itunes. i recently updayed to version 8 and this is the first time she has tried it sincs. so i may try to backdate it to version 7 and see what happens.

mocha 23:32 27 Dec 08

Hi harps1h,

If backdating to version 7 doesn't help then here is Apples advice. click here

Good Luck.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The updated 'Corel Painter inside Photoshop' plugin ParticleShop offers new brushes

Best running headphones | Best sport & fitness headphones: 4 brilliant pairs of wireless…