iPod or MP3 player

crispins 21:18 21 Nov 07

Hi All

My Granddaughter wants an iPod for Christmas, however they tend to be more expensive than MP3 players, since I am not very familiar with the music arena could the experts out there give brief comments on the pros and cons of the two options.

Thanks

mammak 21:32 21 Nov 07

Hi ipod are good I wont say anything against them
but you must have itunes installed and my opinion it is a bit of a pain to use (my eldest Daughter has one she spends ages getting her music sorted) where as myself and my youngest Daughter have mp3 players it is as simple as copy and paste or drag and drop to get your music across!

and of course as you have already mentioned the price
the ipod shuffle is £49 approx the ipod Nano being considerably more about a £140 it would really depend on how old they are and what you wanted to spend

but in saying all this the ipod is the in thing for the youngsters and they have got to have the latest eh!
good luck on what ever you decide one things for sure your Bank Balance will drop whatever you decide to get them :-)

crispins 21:46 21 Nov 07

Hi mammak

Thanks for that, you say "as simple as drag and drop or copy and paste" does this mean that the MP3 player does the encoding or do you encode within the PC first?

mammak 22:02 21 Nov 07

Hi for an Mp3 player you would need the likes of this
click here
very good and easy to use you can covert all your music to MP3 files and then just simply drag and drop them into the MP3 player (My Music audio grabber files)

for the ipod you wont need to covert them it does take all music files such as WMA ect! hope this helps.

crispins 22:30 21 Nov 07

Hi mammak

Thanks once again, am starting to get the feel of things now,

mammak 22:38 21 Nov 07

No problem have fun

My Grandchild is only coming on 10 Months so it might be a while before he is wanting an ipod or the likes the boxes and wrapping paper might be more of an interest to him this year lol.

martjc 13:21 25 Nov 07

...The Samsung mp3 players are very good and easy to use. May be just what you need!

martjc 13:22 25 Nov 07

...The Samsung mp3 players are very good and easy to use. May be just what you need!

click here

Sorry, forgot the link.

bremner 17:16 25 Nov 07

Just a thought but your granddaughter has asked for an iPod. It is a fashion accessory for many and any other mp3 player will be seen as unfashionable and set them apart from their peers.

crispins 16:00 07 Dec 07

Thanks for all your responses

snoopygirl 22:12 17 Dec 07

hi i have just paid 160 pounds for a 80g ipod from currys i thought it was a good buy because you can put vidios on and photos as well good luck

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild review: Five hours with Zelda on the Nintendo Switch

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…