iPod nano/ uploading to it

skinny123 16:53 07 Mar 07

Hello everyone

I've got said ipod and cannot up/download music to my handset.

I have registered it on iTunes and have got music in my library there, but for the life of me i cannot get any music on my actual iPod.

Three hours i have been at it and it is pickeling my head.

Hope someone can help

skinny

Salamol 17:32 07 Mar 07

Make sure you have the actual iTunes program downloaded. There is a bar on the left called "Source", you should see a number of buttons like:

Library
Podcasts
Videos etc.

Below this, if your iPod is connected to your computer via USB(Make sure its plugged in, once I forgot to do that and for about an hour I couldn't work out what was wrong) you should see a picture of an iPod and its name.

If you have got this far, drag the music from the library, or anywhere on your hard drive onto the icon. It sometimes needs converting to a different type if its from a cd.

Salamol 17:36 07 Mar 07

If the iPod doesn't actually register on your computer at all, you could have a dodgey usb port, usb cable thing, or iPod connector.

If it's the port, try a different one. If its the connector or the cable, try it with a freinds cable or iPod respectively.

You could also try rebooting your computer.

skinny123 17:58 07 Mar 07

[quote]Make sure you have the actual iTunes program downloaded. There is a bar on the left called "Source", you should see a number of buttons like:

Library
Podcasts
Videos etc.

Below this, if your iPod is connected to your computer via USB(Make sure its plugged in, once I forgot to do that and for about an hour I couldn't work out what was wrong) you should see a picture of an iPod and its name.[/quote]

Thanks Salamol, all of the above is OK.

I can get music to the buttons you describe above, but can't get it to the devices section where my iPod is located and named.

What do you mean by drag...or how do you mean?

Salamol 18:13 07 Mar 07

Open the library so that you see the songs, click and hold one of the songs that you want on your iPod. Now move the cursor over the iPod icon, and release the button.

This is a slow but simple method. Alternatively, do the same thing while holding "Shift" to move more than one at once. Release shift before you drop the songs/videos, then release the button over the icon.

skinny123 21:47 07 Mar 07

Thanks Salamo, job done

Just a tip on the dragging thing that makes it quicker...go to edit and select "selsct all" and you can drag the whole lot in one go.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro 5 News - release date, UK price, features, specs

Animator Emanuele Kabu’s psychedelic video is a stunning tribute to Lisbon city

Best Mac antivirus 2017