Ipod Nano

Alf58 21:14 02 Jun 06

My daughter wants an Ipod Nano for her birthday. Is it possible to drag and drop existing MP3 files into the Nano or are you tied to the Itunes method of obtaining music? She has an exstensive collection of MP3 files already on her computer.

Jimmy14 21:21 02 Jun 06

and from what I know you are tied to I-tunes but I'm not entirely sure. I still set I-tunes to add all my mp3's automatically as soon as I download them from The Music Store so its easier than dragging and dropping

Alf58 22:56 02 Jun 06

Thanks for the reply. If you are right, it sounds as though I should persuade her to get another brand of MP3 player rather than be tied to Itunes.

the pie eater 04:09 03 Jun 06

I to have the ipod nano and you are NOT tied to anyone i get all my music from limewire

bremner 07:40 03 Jun 06

There seems to be some confusion here.

All you need to do with the Nano is install iTunes onto your computer and it will then list all the songs already on your machine. The iPod can then be connected and by use of 'playlists' your daughter canchoose what she wants downloaded onto the Nano.

If you purchase music CD's in the future these can be added (ripped)to iTunes and added to the Nano.

iTunes comes with access to Music Store which lets you (if you want to) buy LEGAL downloads of music.

FYI, in case you don't realise, Limewire is a p2p download site where the overwhelming majority of downloads are done in breach of the prevailing copyright laws.

strech 09:18 03 Jun 06

i use ipod and in my computer it comes up has a
extra drive ect E: i drag my mp3s ok

Genius1 17:40 03 Jun 06

Quote 'I get all my music from Limewire'. As bremner rightly says, most music (and indeed other files) downloaded using this program are in breach of copyright laws and you are liable to prosecution if found out...

Alf58 19:02 03 Jun 06

Thanks for all the replies. I am now fully informed.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…