iPod Mini connectivity issues

Xzrox 20:07 01 Jan 05

Just a quick post to see if anybody identifies with the following.

Over at our household this Festive Christmas, we managed to get our hands on an iPod Mini. All has been working well up until today! The problem has arisen in that, through USB, the iPod does not talk to the computer and vice-versa, yet charges from it. Microsoft Windows 2000, now, does not even recognise that an external devise has been plugged in.

With Firewire synchronisation can happen, but the USB connectivity seems to have just 'broken' when the cable hasn't been mistreated in any way.

Now, after visiting apple.com's forums, I notice that these little things are causing lots of bother and do seem to be as buggy as hell. I wonder if this is a USB cable fault or that the USB handler on the brand new iPod has decided to malfunction. As I say, with Firewire, Windows appears to recognise that it has been plugged in, but with USB (which is all we have on the machine it is to be used with) it has suddenly decided that it won't work and can not be recognised by Windows.

A quick visit to an Apple store might help here, so this is what we're going to do. But this post is merely to reassure those who are finding similar issues with the iPod Mini and are worried about whether it is just theirs, or whether it could be a problem with many.

To go to the Apple forums, specifically for Windows connectivity with the iPod Mini, click here.

So, if you're now having similar issues whereby your machine can't even recognise an iPod Mini device through the supplied USB cable, especially if it did work for a few days after Christmas Day, then don't worry as we seem to have this issue too.

Be good to hear similar problems and ratifications etc....

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

New Google phones UK release date | Pixel XL price, new features, specifications: Pixel X and…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This is the future of TV, VR and holograms

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…