Ipod Mini

lilythepink 17:50 28 Oct 06

My desktop broke down, and I lost everything on it, including it seems all my ipod tunes. I have linked the ipod to my laptop, but it now has no artists or anything on it. Do Apple keep a copy of these tunes? Or is there anything out there to restore them.

thanks for any info

Sparky3327 19:39 28 Oct 06

Are you saying you've lost your songs from both iTunes on your laptop?
If that's the case I think you've had it.
If you've still got them on your Pod you can download them onto your laptop using something like iPod music liberator.
I'm not exactly sure how you go about it but it does exist.
click here

lilythepink 19:51 28 Oct 06

No they are not on anything, they have disappeared from my ipod!!!!!

Sparky3327 13:12 29 Oct 06

I assume that you had your iPod attached to your laptop when it crashed, taking everything with it.
Unless your battery's drained so nothing shows then I think you'll have to start from square one.
If all your laptop files have been wiped then the tunes have gone with them.
My only advice is to back up your songs on DVD in future.
I think I'd better go and do mine now!!
Good Luck,
Grezza.

brambles 16:17 29 Oct 06

If they are tracks you purchased from iTunes then i'm sorry mib but they can't be downloaded again - well unless you pay for them. You don't need to backup the tunes from your own CD's because clearly you coud reinstall them. You really shoud have copied all the tunes in your 'Purchased' folder to a DVD. brambles

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The updated 'Corel Painter inside Photoshop' plugin ParticleShop offers new brushes

Best running headphones | Best sport & fitness headphones: 4 brilliant pairs of wireless…