iPod manager and manager for Samsung mp3 player?

John Ross 12:17 27 Dec 09

I have managed to avoid iPod / iPhone / iTunes, but my daughter has had a 5th gen iPod for Xmas form the same relative who always buys things I end up having to look after!
I am keen to avoid iTunes, and would be ve grateful for suggestions as to the best of the many iPod manager programmes.
We use PCs running Vista and Xp, all updates installed.
I use a Samsung mp3 player that I would also appreacite advice over a file manager, as Windows Media Player muddles up my mp3s every time it "adds to Library" and reallocates to the wrong albums etc, and Emodio crashes repeatedly.
Thank you!

John Ross 20:53 01 Jan 10

BUMP

100andthirty 12:40 02 Jan 10

Mediamonkey is highly spoken of for dealing with iPoeds

John Ross 23:05 02 Jan 10

Great!
Putting this into google took me straight to the relevant page on CNET, that had not come up when I had tried to search for music managing software.
They seem to like MediaMonkey and JetAudio Basic equally.
I will go with MediaMonkey in the first instance, but any further thoughts gratefully receieved.
PS my concern over Itunes proved correct : since posting the original message I finally cracked with my dsughters repeated demands I sort out a program for her, and so loaded iTunes on her PC, connected her 5G iPOD, and iTunes immediately wiped all the music off it (cue tears and recrimination), presumably due to an automatic minor software upgrade.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…